cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not connect to media server

Dienes
Level 2
When starting Backup exec A box "connect to server" appears asking for username/password. Canceling gets a box, "You have not connected to media server. Would you like to exit the application". Entering a username/password does not connect to media server. It tries to connect to local media server but never does and never times out.

Everything was working fine until after the holidays I changed my password on this machine. Although using either password does not solve the problem.

What do I try next?

Thanks
Dan
2 REPLIES 2

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
That box normally indicates the required services haven't started, either because you haven't given them time to start yet, or because they failed.

Check the login details that the services use, are they using the account that you have changed the password for? In which case you'll need to re-setup their login details to use the correct login details. Otherwise, check the event log and see what errors are being generated by Backup Exec when it fails to start the servers.

Dienes
Level 2
Thanks. That got me running again. Had to walk through each service and change the login info and then start them.