cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not restore. e000846a -

John_Hall_2
Level 2
Error: e000846a - The resource could not be restored because an error occurred while connecting to the Backup Exec for Windows Servers Remote Agent.
We have 2 servers. Server2 has Exchange and Backup Exec 11d with hotfixes.  Server3 has flatfiles.  We backup both using BE from server2.  We are trying to restore some email. When we try to restore it, we get the above error regarding the Windows Servers Remote Agent.  I don't understand why we would get such an error if we are not trying to restore from a remote server. We are trying to restore from the same server that BE is on.
How to fix this issue so we can restore from Exchange?
1 REPLY 1

SPR_TSE
Level 4
Employee
First, which version of Backup Exec are you running? Help > About, and look for the 4-digit revision number ... Rev.7170 is the most current and is available via this link.
http://esdownload.symantec.com/akdlm/CD/MTV/BEWS_11D.7170_32BIT_VERSION.zip

Second, the Backup Exec interface communicates via the remote agent with the resource being backed up or restored to, even on the media server.

Your message is somewhat confusing, but let me start by providing a link that references the error you identified ... and thank you for including the hex code, that made finding this document a snap.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/280668

Bear in mind that this problem can be caused by several issues and therefore has not one solution, but many, and you may need to call in to explore this completely. That said, because of the variety of possibilities, I can only provide a few common solutions in this forum.

A common problem tends to be authentication. The following are requirements for the Backup Exec service account: Domain Administrator and a member of the local Administrator's group; for Exchange purposes, the account must be an Exchange Full Administrator, be activated, email enabled, not hidden from the gallery, AND have sent/received email to the account. Within Backup Exec, under Network > Logon Accounts, the account should not be restricted.

Try simply recreating your restore job; then review the selection in the View Selection Details tab before beginning the restore.