cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one eject source tape after duplicate its save set to disk?

bjc
Level 3
I have a 'backup to tape' job which is followed by 'duplicate tape to hard drive' job.  This is working fine.  However, I cannot determine how to eject the tape after the duplication job completes.  If I mark the backup job as eject tape when complete, the duplicate job fails as the tape is ejected before the duplication is executed.

I cannot reverse the order, as while the tape will always have enough space to hold the backup, while the hard drive could be too small.

This is Backup Exec 9.1
3 REPLIES 3

Larry_Fine
   VIP   
You could run one more tiny job (backup 1 silly file) to tape with the eject option checked, after the duplicate to hard drive job finishes.

bjc
Level 3
In regards to the tiny job, I cannot see where one can explicitly configure the 'tiny job' to initiate upon completion of the duplication job.  Any advise on how to schedule a Backup job to be invoked upon completion of a Duplicate job?

Larry_Fine
   VIP   
I don't know how to make it dependent, but might you be able to schedule it shortly before the human is expected to pick up the tape from the drive?  If the persons shift starts at 8 AM, then schedule the job for 7:45 AM.

If the duplicate job from tape to disk is still running, then this tiny backup job will just sit queued until the drive is idle... it won't eject the media in the middle of the duplicate job.