cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can servers being backed up on one BE 2010 R3 be also backed up on another BE 2010 R3?

Chris_McSwain
Level 3

I have two BE2010 R3 servers within my orginazation each with their own locally attached tape drive.  The problem is that, one tape drive is of a higher capacity than the other tape drive.  I need to use the BE Server B with the larger tape drive capacity to backup resources that normally (and will continue to be) backed up by BE Server A with the smaller tape capacity.  Can this be done?  Can both BE Server A and B have backup access to the same resources?  Thank you for any and all help.    

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I guess you want to backup same resources using 2 media servers. 

If the above is true then  you need to add the media server B entry in the publishing tab of server

which are being backed up by server A. 

Note: Make sure both the media servers are not backing up the same data at the same time else 

there will be a conflict.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

I guess you want to backup same resources using 2 media servers. 

If the above is true then  you need to add the media server B entry in the publishing tab of server

which are being backed up by server A. 

Note: Make sure both the media servers are not backing up the same data at the same time else 

there will be a conflict.

Chris_McSwain
Level 3

Thank you for your response.  We would not be backing up the same thing during the same time as this would be a once a month backup of "fairly static" data.  Thank you very much. 

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Bear in mind that backing up the same target server from two media servers, you should only be doing FULL backups, since the Archive Bit could be reset by a job from either media server