cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Install MS Exchange Agent

John_Souza
Not applicable

When I try to push the MS Exchange Agent to our Exchange Server I get an error that states

"Error connecting to remote registry of "server name".  Ensure that the current logged in account is not blocked from accessing the remote registry and the remote registry is availabel before trying again."

The remote registry services is started and running on the exchange server.  The credientials that I use to push out the MS Exchange Agent is in the local administrator group on the Exhange server.  The administrator group does have full control to the remote registry key HKLM\system\Currentcontrolset\securepipeservers\winreg

What am I missing??

Thanks,

John

2 REPLIES 2

kheven
Level 3

John...

Everything *should* be working by the sounds of it.

Maybe you could try...

Creating a brand new account local to the server you are installing the Exchange agent on, give it local admin privilages, and see if that account still fails.

Use the credentials of an account that is in the Domain Admins group, and see if that works.

If all else fails, try running Process Monitor in the background while you are trying to install the agent and see if you are getting any 'Access Denied' registry errors, because it will tell you exactly what key has the incorrect permissions.

Anup
Level 6
Certified

Try installing the remote agent locally..

http://support.veritas.com/docs/258982

Use Domain Adminsitrator account