cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't Restore a simple DFS file

bigbipper
Level 2

Hello all,

I am trying to restore some files using Backup Exec 2014 that were backed up using BackUp Exec 11d.  These files are DFS files that were backed up using the Shadow Copy component in 11d.  I am able to restore non-DFS files from the same tape media with no issues.  In the past I was able to test restore the files using the older software to the existing DFS Server.

I am trying to redirect the files to another location as the original DFS server is no longer in production.  These tapes are from 2013.

However, when I try to restore the DFS files the job starts and just runs and runs stuck at a byte count of 29.2KB. The folder structure is created in the redirected location, however, no files are ever restored.  I have tried this for numerous DFS files from the same tape and others with the same results.

I am using Back Up Exec 2014 for for this process.

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Check out the TN below...MAY explain the slowness of the restores, but make sure you comply with it either way:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH85354

Thanks!

View solution in original post

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried restoring without permissions?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

...are there any alerts you need to attend too?

bigbipper
Level 2

No, alerts. It just sits at 28.5KB.  Now the back up was done across a pool of 2 tapes.  The funny thing I notice is the after I have cataloged both tapes I see the files I need on BOTH tapes. 

bigbipper
Level 2

I have let the job run for 2h45m and it is now at 4.32MB and I see some files in the redirected folder.

CraigV

Check out the TN below...MAY explain the slowness of the restores, but make sure you comply with it either way:

https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH85354

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Have you tried restoring without permissions?