cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't access all directories under / on a Linux box

David_Scott
Level 2
Hello, I am trying to add a new box to my backups, it is running RedHat enterprise, 64 bit architecture running Unix agent v.5.0.1. In the agent.cfg file I am exporting "/" as root, in Backup Exec I can see the new host and when I expand the selections I can see all the directories except /boot and /home, these 2 directories have the same file permissions and ownership as the others that I can see. I am not very experienced with Backup exec so if anyone could give me suggestions as to why /home and /boot are not visible it would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx
3 REPLIES 3

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Please check whether the linux version is supported by BE 9.1

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/261695.htm

Also check the option under tools-options-Linux and Unix-follow local mount points-follow remote mount points and the option backup contenents of soft linked directories

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

David_Scott
Level 2
I am assuming that when you suggest checking under /tools/options/Linux that you are refering to the tools drop menu in the Veritas Backup Exec gui, I have looked in there and I have no "Linux" or "Unix" available to select. Am I looking in the correct place?

Thanks

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

In Backup Exec click on tools/options Linux/Unix and then check the options suggested earlier.Also have you checked the compatibility?

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Thanks.