cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find one of the drives on server

Level 2
We reinstalled Backup Exec 9.1 with the license number, and now when we try to back up the server, one of the drives on the server doesn't show up at all. How do we make the drive so up so that we can back it up? Any help would be appreciated!
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Does the Admin Share corresponding to that drive still exist?

Ian_Mcmaugh
Level 3
As per above, you need to ensure that the 'Default share' is created on the drive you are having trouble with.

If you cant see the D:\, go into windows explorer, go to properties of the drive, and then create a new share on the root drive for D$. Once you hit OK windows will change it to the 'default share'.

Hope this helps.

Aalok_Pathak_2
Level 6
Go to the Tools->Option on Menubar of Backup Exec,choose the
tab 'Network' and select the both option 'Enable selection of default shares' and 'Enable selection of user shares'

Restart all BEWS services and observe the result.

Level 2
Thank you for your help.

The F: drive still does not show up for some reason. Does it make a difference that it is a network drive?

Is there a number where I could reach you at for help? If not, just respond to this message. Thanks! I really appreciate your help.

BTW, my name is Diana.

Zerene_Sangma
Level 6
Hello Diana,

Yes, If F: drive is a network drive then it is not possible to backup network drive without the remote agent for windows server license key. The remote agent must be installed on the rmeote server and the license key must be added to the backup server.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/253058

Thank You.

Abhinav_Bindroo
Level 6
Assuming the solution provided is correct. Also, there is no response from the customer within 2 days from the last reply by Veritas