cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install Hot Fix 30 on Windows Server 2003

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
I've got a Windows 2003 Server running Backup Exec 10.0 and I'm trying to install hot fix 30 and it errors out every time with not much useful information. I have service pack 1 and hot fix 24 already install as requirements. When I double click the .exe for the hot fix it starts up and gives me the update button which I click. Then it shortly errors out saying: Install Wizard Error! The wizard was interrupted before Vertias Backup Exec for Windows Server could be completely installed.
Your system has not been modified. To complete installation at another time, please run setup again.

At that point all I'm given is a Finish button and the program exits. Anyone else had this problem?
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please verify the exact error message in the bkupinst.log file located at C:\Windows.

Find for the "return value 3" and you can get the exact error message.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
The file c:\Windows\bkupinst.log hasn't be modified since the software was initially installed so this doesn't give me any useful information.

Kurt_Bechstein
Level 3
Ok, its been a month on this one. Anybody have any ideas.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Kurt,
We apologise for the Inconvienience caused to you due to the late reply. Please let us know if the Problem persists. Please let us know the current Status.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Thanks.