cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't restore data

serverguy78
Level 4

Hello, I have a tape from an server that crashed. I need to restore the data from that tape on a new server with Backup exec 12.5 installed. I've ran inventory and catalog. When I hit restore it tells me the selected media was not found in the catalog?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Serverguy,

I've got this every time I try to restore data...for some or other stupid reason, BE chooses its own date. So even if your tape was used yesterday, when you come to restore from it, it chooses a random date from the past. You might get a date from the 70s, 80s, or 90s for example.

After cataloging your tape, make sure that the date range you have is correct...I normally choose a couple of days before the tape was used, and a date a couple kf days after it was used...try that and see if it works.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Dev_T
Level 6

Hi,

After successfully completing the inventory and Catalog operations, go to the Media TAB and right click on the TAPE and try to restore data from there.

Hope this helps...

serverguy78
Level 4

I tried that and it still says The selected media not found in the catalogs. You mus first catalog the media if you want to use it for restore.

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi Serverguy,

I've got this every time I try to restore data...for some or other stupid reason, BE chooses its own date. So even if your tape was used yesterday, when you come to restore from it, it chooses a random date from the past. You might get a date from the 70s, 80s, or 90s for example.

After cataloging your tape, make sure that the date range you have is correct...I normally choose a couple of days before the tape was used, and a date a couple kf days after it was used...try that and see if it works.

Thanks!