cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot Backup - ERROR: 0xe0009418 Acces to a device was not autorized with this edition of backup exec

Aparnaa
Level 2
Hi,

I am not able to backup certain files using differential back and get an error "ERROR: 0xe0009418 Acces to a device was not autorized with this edition of backup exec". However the full backup happens successfully.

Any comments would be helpful and thanks in advance.
7 REPLIES 7

chicojrman
Level 6
http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/303340.htm

Aparnaa
Level 2
Thankyou for the document. 
However, i refered to it long back and checked all the licenses. it is all looking fine. Also the full backup goes through successfully but the differential backup fails.

bjash
Level 4
We have a similar issue here (we try to backup a  Linksys NAS) and receive the same error.  The NAS is setup with SMB (Windows file sharing), but BE says we're not licensed to back it up.  As an alternative (workaround), we use NTBackup to take a backup image of it, then use BE to backup the image.  You could pass the NTBackup command string as a pre-command to the backup job.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

@bjash

Even if you cannot install the RemoteAgent, in order to connect to what it sees as a ServerOS, BackupExec requires a RA serial to be installed on the media server.  Then create a User Defined Share using eith\er the IP or NAS Name, and backup using that

@Aparnaa

Are you using the same selection list in two different jobs?   May sound like Voodoo tech support, but try recreating both the list and both jobs/

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

@bjash

Even if you cannot install the RemoteAgent, in order to connect to what it sees as a ServerOS, BackupExec requires a RA serial to be installed on the media server.  Then create a User Defined Share using either the IP or NAS Name, and backup using that

@Aparnaa

Are you using the same selection list in two different jobs?   May sound like Voodoo tech support, but try recreating both the list and both jobs/

Aparnaa
Level 2
Thanks Ken for the reply.
i have recreated the list for the job. earlier there was some sql server which was present in that which i have removed now. but did not get to run the backup yesterday. will check and let you know once it runs..
i hope this should fix my issue.
Thanks pal. :)

bjash
Level 4
Hi Ken,

I had tried a user defined share in the past and my results weren't consistent--some times it would backup and other times it would error saying it wasn't authorized with this version of Backup Exec (we have 10 agent licenses).  I have a feeling it was just that it didn't like the Linksys 80GB NAS and how it handled SMB.