cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install SP1 for 2010 R3

Sabkor
Level 2

I'm attempting to install SP1 for Backup Exec 2010 R3, tried LiveUpdate first and it failed. After that, tried downloading the entire package and it still fails with the following error:

"There is not enough space on drive C:\ to extract this package.

Please free up 127.79 MB and click Retry."

Drive C: currently has 96.1 GB free, so I'm not sure why the error is coming up. Clicking Retry or Cancel has no result.

Server specifications:

Xeon E5540

12GB RAM

Windows 2008 R2 Standard 64-bit

Backup Exec 2010 R3 64-bit (installed updates: 158028, 159967, 159961, 160008, 162830, 161270, 161390)

C: drive 96.1GB free of 136GB - Backup Exec installed here

D: drive 326GB free of 1.36TB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sabkor
Level 2

Sorry, forgot to come back and post my results!

A few days after I posted this, I took a look at that Tech doc and it did seem to be the same type of problem I was encountering. However, checking the security of the drives on the server showed that the System account already had the required access.

Out of pure desperation, I ran the patch again, and this time no error, it just worked.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Sabkor
Level 2

Sorry, forgot to come back and post my results!

A few days after I posted this, I took a look at that Tech doc and it did seem to be the same type of problem I was encountering. However, checking the security of the drives on the server showed that the System account already had the required access.

Out of pure desperation, I ran the patch again, and this time no error, it just worked.