cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant View Job Logs

Corey_Wilson
Level 6
So I havent been around in a while. Have been busy with ESX server migrations. Having a skim through the forum appears to be a lot more problems then ever before. Im sure we can all agree this is the worst backup exec release ever.

Funny thing, after applying the most recent hot fixes to my backup exec 11d release I have had nothing but problems, and things have been okay for the last couple months - go figure. Now I am getting some bogus errors when I try to view my job logs. The logs should be small as I have selected to only record summary information. Yet when I try and view these logs I get a nice big fat error stating not enough storage available to view log? I have over 1.5gb free of memory and over 7gb of free space on the OS drive where the backup logs happen to reside in this case. So, uhh ya... BS not enough available space exists!!

I would like a resolution! Not to mention that since the installation of these hot fixes backup exec has ran like crap AND there appears to be a memory leak.

Message Edited by Corey Wilson on 05-04-200706:51 AM

2 REPLIES 2

Jared_S_
Level 6
Employee
Hi Corey -

The new build 7170 has fixed the issue within the job log error you are receiving. To download this build please visit the www.backupexec.com and click on "Trialware" located right below Backup Exec for Windows Servers. This is a free upgrade and do not let the "Trialware" terminology fool you. The build will install on top of your currently installed licensed build without making them inactive. Simply continue through the prompts until you get to the download page. Once there, download 7170 and install.

Below is a link with the listings of the fixes the new build contains.

I hope this helps!

- Jared

Jason_William3
Level 3
Hello Jared,

I am having a similiar issue with viewing the XML logs of Backup Exec. I have the 6235 build at this time. If I download the 7170, will I have to  send out new  agents to each of my  servers? Thnks for your time.

J