cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing BackupExec password

Scott_Gray
Level 2
BackupExec is located on my Domain Controller(2003 server) and I changed the Administrator password. After changing the Administrator password and restarted the server, the services won't start. I get this message: Could not start the service on local computer. Error 1069. The service did not start due to a login failure.

I've tried changing the login for each service, but they still won't start. When I open up Backup Exec it prompts me for a password, but when I put in the password it says the services are not started. Any ideas how I could change the passwords for the services so I can get them to start. Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

It has been observed that changing the service account resolves this issue.
1) Create a new user, make it a member of Domain Admins and local
administrator group
2) Assign a log on locally rights
3) Change Backup Exec services account to this user.
4) Reboot the system
5) After reboot, stop all third party applications, antivirus software
6) Try starting Backup Exec services

(title) How to change the user name or password of the Backup Exec Services Account in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/254246

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Scott_Gray
Level 2
I created a new user called veritas and made it a domain admin, then I changed the services to the new account. After I restarted I got a message that said windows couldn't load the drivers for BackupExec because they weren't compatible with windows and that they could damage the operating system. It gave me a link to go to for the updated drivers, but the page had expired. Any ideas?

Scott_Gray
Level 2
Should I try reinstalling Backup Exec?

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

Please refer the following technote.

http://support.veritas.com/docs/234660

Also refer the related documenst in this technote:

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.