cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication between 2 sites?

_yvind_Henrikse
Not applicable
I have just installed the Backup Exec product, we want to see if it can be used with our servers. The media server is in our branch office, which will gather backups from our central site.

Our 11 servers are windows and linux based, and are not all in the same domain. We communicate between our offices with a standard internet connection, with basic firewalls at each end. I have opened the ports 10000 and 1024-1034 from the central site to the branch office, and all ports are open from the branch office to the central site.

I installed the media server on our new Dell server in the branch office. However, I was not able to log on to my servers for a push install, as I cannot browse the domain on our main site from our branch office. Thus, I transferred the files to the server, and did a local install. I got the service up and running, and using the helper, I added the IP address of the media server. However, when I go to the Media server, and want to create a new job, I am only able to browse the local network for remote servers.

Can I in some way add the IP address of the server on our central site? Or is there another way to select files from our central server for a new backup job?
1 REPLY 1

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hello,

What exactly are you trying to backup? Windows servers or Linux servers or both.

Please note that you have to split the backup jobs so as to backup the Linux servers in one job and Windows in another.

Can you browse through the servers from "My network places"?