cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication problem between (MS2003) BE and Netware

Don_Graham_4
Level 2
Hello,
BE10 is installed on Win2003 with updates and is used to backup my Netware servers. I just upgraded my NW servers from 5.1 to 6.5sp3 (OES). 1 of my 7 NW servers had IPX and TCPIP on it and the rest only TCPIP. The NW agent installation went to 100% but it hung with the MS window saying "Please wait while windows configures Veritas...". I canceled out after 10 minutes. The files seem to be on all on the NW servers and I can start bestart.ncf with no errors. Then in BE I can see the servers but i can only browse to the files on the server with IPX. On the other servers, I get a communication error and tells me to make sure the agent is loaded. What is wrong? IPX and TCP/IP is installed on the BE Backup server.
3 REPLIES 3

Don_Graham_4
Level 2
I got it working with IPX installed on the Netware server. Kinda defeats the purpose of going pure IP so.... my question is now "Can BE backup Netware servers without IPX installed"? If yes, how?

Don_Graham_4
Level 2
I figured it out! Make sure your DNS or your hosts file on your backup server has entries to your netware servers. I had to add all my netware servers to the hosts file and I am able to connect and see the data now.

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

It seems that your problem has resolved.
So please update us if we can close this post.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.