cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Completed Status: Completed with exceptions

drwang1
Level 2

I am running Symantec Backup Exec 10d on my companies Windows 2003 server. Every night I run a Defferential Backup and once a week on the weekend I run a full Backup. Recently when I look to make sure the Backup was ran correctly I've been getting this as the status:

"Backup Completed with Exceptions"

Here are the exceptions that were listed:

Exceptions
Click an exception below to locate it in the job log
Backup- C: Unable to open the item C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Application Data\Microsoft\CLR Security Config\v2.0.50727.42\security.config.cch.4056.22819125 - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\master.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\model.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\modellog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\msdbdata.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\msdblog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\ShavlikScans.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\ShavlikScans_log.LDF - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data\templog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\enterprisesec.config.cch.4056.22819078 - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\security.config.cch.4056.22819078 - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\master.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\mastlog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\model.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\modellog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\msdbdata.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\msdblog.ldf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\tempdb.mdf - skipped.
Unable to open the item C:\WINDOWS\SYSMSI\SSEE\MSSQL.2005\MSSQL\Data\templog.ldf - skipped.

Can someone please let me know why this is happening and if there is a fix.

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Any service applied to Backup Exec?  Windows Service?

I'm not sure why you would not have gotten these errors/warnings before.  This is the way tha BackupExec would be expected to behave

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

Hello

The files which are been skipped are the SQL database files. To backup SQL DB files

you need to install the Remote Agent for SQL license.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

The mdf and ldf files are being skipped because SQL Server has them open

Even if you shut down the SQL Server service, Backup Exec will skip the files because the file types fall within the Active File Exclusion parameters

If you have the SQL Agent, you should be covered

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Dang, Amol

What is it with me and you?surprise

drwang1
Level 2

Thank you for your answers.

What I don't get is the fact that it was running complete backups without these exceptions and the past week they are completing with exceptions.

Also, to throw it out there I'm a rookie at this.

AmolB
Employee Accredited Certified

No worries Ken, i guess the issue is with the website refresh interval.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Any service applied to Backup Exec?  Windows Service?

I'm not sure why you would not have gotten these errors/warnings before.  This is the way tha BackupExec would be expected to behave