cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure for my backup plan exec 2012

Phu_Nguyen
Level 4

Hi All,

Can you help me with the configuration on backup exec 2012 with my schedule below ?

Daily Differential backup ( 8 tapes for 2 weeks) : Monday - Thursday ( first week) and Monday - Thursday ( second week) : in this way i can roll back up to 2 weeks 

Weekly full backup ( 4 tapes) ( if a weekly backup happen at same time with Monthly backup, it should be superseded)

Monthly backup ( 12 tapes/year) : i would like to do monthly back at the last friday of month which will replace weekly full backup.

Thanks very much for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Define 4 media sets

Daily - OPP = 13 days

Weekly - OPP = 3 weeks

Monthly - OPP = 11 month

2) Create a backup job.

3) Edit the job and change the schedule of the full backup to run on whichever day you want the weekly full to run and target the weekly media set

4) While editing the job, change the job method of the daily incremental to differential and target the daily media set.

5) Click on the Add Job button and add a monthly full backup targeting the monthly dataset.

In BE 2012, if the start time of the jobs are the same, the less frequent job will superceed the more frequent job.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

pkh
   VIP    Certified

1) Define 4 media sets

Daily - OPP = 13 days

Weekly - OPP = 3 weeks

Monthly - OPP = 11 month

2) Create a backup job.

3) Edit the job and change the schedule of the full backup to run on whichever day you want the weekly full to run and target the weekly media set

4) While editing the job, change the job method of the daily incremental to differential and target the daily media set.

5) Click on the Add Job button and add a monthly full backup targeting the monthly dataset.

In BE 2012, if the start time of the jobs are the same, the less frequent job will superceed the more frequent job.

Phu_Nguyen
Level 4

Hi Pkh,

Thanks, it is what i am searching.