cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring a job to use different tapes every day

Elvira_Byrnes
Not applicable
Hi

I have a full daily backup running 6 times a week. It normally backs up around 63GB a day and keeps appending to the same 220/320 tape. It is the just one backup job.

I would like to configure the backup so that every day a different tape is used, rather then appending to the tapes. The idea behind this is that if the users wish to have the entire backup on one tape, and the same for every single day that we back up.

How could I configure this please
4 REPLIES 4

Hector_Pua
Level 2
HI,

I beI have 2 ways to have separate tape in backing up .

a. have your slots partitioned then make a job policies for each day of the week
note: make sure every job has it designated drive and slot.

b. make a media set for each day of the week then append for 1 day and overwrite protect it for 140 hrs. make a job profile for each day.
Note : don’t forget to set the media set in the job profile
2Note: set to take the current media set first before in the scratch media

padmaja_rajopad
Level 6
Hi,

Please create partitions as described in the following document

Creating, configuring, and targeting a backup job to a Robotic Library partition in Backup Exec 9.x and 10.0 for Windows Servers

http://support.veritas.com/docs/262055

Hope this helps.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered questions’ pool.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Make sure that the backup job is defined as "Overwrite" only, not "Append, else overwrite"

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please verify the above mentioned settings. If the problem persists, do revert.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.