cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting to Server

Bill_Davis_2
Level 3
I will get a message once every other week or so saying that the program cannot connect to the media server. Then it asks me to log in and after I enter my username and password and it gives me another message saying "Not enough server storage to process this command". Why does this keep happening? I have followed the recomended procedures in the knowledge base but that didn't seem to work. The only thing that fixes this is to restart the server.

Thanks for any help,

Bill
5 REPLIES 5

Keith_Langmead
Level 6
When this happened, did you check to see if the backup exec services were all currently running? One of the things which can cause you to see the login dialog is if the services are not running, which then obviously prevents the software frontend logging into the backend software.

If it's not that, can you confirm what you did when you "followed the recommended procedures in the knowledge base" so we can avoid asking you to do things you've already tried.

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
Refer to htis technote:

Title : The error message "Error 1130: Not enough server storage is available to process this command" is reported during Backup Exec operations.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/192284

"NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days,
this post would be 'assumed answered' and archived."

Bill_Davis_2
Level 3
Thanks for the link. I have tried the setting the PagedPoolSize ket to 0 and that hasn't seemed to work. I haven't tried to add the DWORD value yet so I will do that and let you know if it works. Unfortunately I won't know if it does or not until it happens again so I will just post another topic stating all the things I have tried. As far as I can see all services have been started, but I will go and restart them to see if this helps. Thanks for the help.

Bill

Sharvari_Deshmu
Level 6
Hello,

Thanks for the update we request you to update us on this issue if the problem arises

Thanks,

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be "assumed answered" and archived.

Bill_Davis_2
Level 3
I have restarted my server and everything is working fine. I will post a new topic if the problem arises again. Thanks for the help.