Hi,
Media Server:
Windows Server 2003 SP1
Backup Exec 9.1

SQL Server:
Windows 2000 Server SP4
SQL 2000
Remote SQL Agent

2 SQL Servers were recently updated with SQL and MDAC patches, after which backup exec fails with the following error: Unable to attach to "Servername".
When I create a new job and manually select SQL I receive the following error: An error was encountered while attempting to browse the contents of Servername. A database query failed.
The event log shows the following id: 57860 - An error occurred while attempting to log in to the following server: "Servername".
SQL error number: "0000".
SQL error message: "".

I have seen similar errors posted but none exactly matching, any help would be gratefully appreciated.
1 REPLY 1

Ashutosh_Tamhan
Level 6
Hello Jamie!

The error occurs because the Backup Exec Service account has insufficient rights to the SQL server. Backup Exec is performing a MS SQL query but the user does not have enough rights to display the server databases. As a confirmation the following error is displayed when trying to access to SQL enterprise manager with the same account.

Regards,
Ashutosh

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.