cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Media Server Configuration Problem

Jonathan_Mergy
Level 3
I am having a problem with the "Copy media server configuration" command in the BEUTILITY program.

1) If I try to execute the command when the Backup Exec services are running, it fails with "Access is denied on server PINE".

2) If I stop the Backup Exec services and try to execute the command, it fails with "Operation to copy media server configuration from media server PINE to file C:\PINE.cfg ended with errors".

In the second case (ended with errors), there are no error messages displayed in the BEUTILITY window and I can not find any log file or other indication of what the errors are.

How can I get this command to work? Thanks for your help.
3 REPLIES 3

uz
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
The services should be running. - If you enter the user account to authenticate, insure to include the domain (domaine account) or computer name (lokal account)

e.g. \\domain\useraccount

If the problem still exists, try running a SGMON.log for beutility while executing the copy configuration.
Maybe the sgmon.log shows more info.

Regards

uz

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Please let us know if the above solution has resolved your problem.
If ht eproblem persists, do revert.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jonathan_Mergy
Level 3
Ulrich's message gave me the information I needed. The solution is, as he said, to enter the domain name in the authentication dialog box.

However, the domain must be entered WITHOUT the two leading "\" characters, e.g., enter it as "domain\useraccount".

Also, I could not find any reference to the "SGMON.log" he suggested. I did turn on all debug logging, and the "log_beserver.txt" file showed the problem - failing authentication with "useraccount" and "\\domain\useraccount".

Thanks for the prompt and helpful response!