cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt File Error for Exchange Calendar Items sent from Lotus Domino

Nathan_Laird
Level 2
The backup job fails with the following error in the log:

WARNING: "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\User Name Top of Information StoreCalendar�〰〰〰〰㘷㜳昰㍤㌶搶㘹㈴㉢つ搹㡥㥣晤㌴ㄷ㜰〰㑣㔳㌱㐴㔴㡦捣昴慢搸㤸㘴㔷戸㘴愴〰〰〰〰戳〰〰〰㐱敥㌹晦戹敦ㅣ㤴晢捥㘴㐶㔳慥㑦搰〰〰㠰摢攵㈶〰〰Invitation: ............................................................ (Sep 6 10:30 AM CDT in CC613)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt
WARNING: "\\servername\Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes\User Name Top of Information StoreDeleted Items�〰〰〰〰㘷㜳昰㍤㌶搶㘹㈴㉢つ搹㡥㥣晤㌴ㄷ㜰〰㑣㔳㌱㐴㔴㡦捣昴慢搸㤸㘴㔷戸㘴愴〰〰〰〰敤攸〰〰㑣㔳㌱㐴㔴㡦捣昴慢搸㤸㘴㔷戸㘴愴〰〰〰㔹ㄵ㌴〰〰Canceled: Invitation: ....................................... (Sep 7 10:30 AM CDT in CC613)" is a corrupt file.
This file cannot verify.
Database or database element is corrupt

This user has a blackberry handheld phone from which he can work with contacts, messages, and calendar in real time against the exchange server.

The only corrupt items are calendar items sent from a lotus notes user.

There are about 10 other blackberry users in the organization, but only this user has the problem. Is there a problem with the Backup Exec engine reading Lotus Notes calendar / meeting request format when sent into an exchange server?

I have verified the exchange folders are excluded from symantec antivirus corporate edition realtime scanning. It is the latest version, which does this automatically. (10.1) It does not install the e-mail scanning component on an exchange server.

The server is running Small Business Server 2003, with all updates and patches.

For now, I have enabled the registry setting to label the backup job as successful even with corrupt exchange items, but this is a short term fix.

This happens every time this user gets calendar items from the lotus notes organization. Once we delete the "corrupt" items, the backup is fine until one of these comes in again.
6 REPLIES 6

Rucha_Abhyankar
Level 6
Hi Nathan,

What is the Lotus Domino version that you are using?

Are you using the Advanced Open file option for these backups,if yes then please disable the option.

Also stop any AV if running during the backups.

===========

Nathan_Laird
Level 2
Thank you for the quick reply!

The version of Lotus Notes is unknown, as this is mail sent from another organization. We are using only Exchange in our organization.

We are not using the advanced open file option.

Regarding antivirus interference: I thought that excluding the exchange directories from the Symantec Realtime protection was sufficient, as per several knowledge base articles. Do you feel the Symantec Antivirus service itself needs to be stopped during the backup? I will add a few scheduled cmd's to stop the antivirus service before the backup and start it again afterwards. I will post the results.

Nathan_Laird
Level 2
The advanced open file option is not available. I setup the antivirus service to stop before the backup and start afterwards without a change in status. I still get the same failure. Has anyone experience receiving meeting requests into an exchange organization from a lotus notes organization and backing them up with Backup Exec? Will a newer version help, such as 10d?

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

The CDT in CC613)" is a corrupt file. Please delete this message and then run the backup and verify

Thanks

Nathan_Laird
Level 2
I know that deleting the problematic item will fix the backup error, but it amazes me that we cannot backup calendar items in exchange with Backup Exec that are received from a Lotus Notes organization on a BlackBerry. They cannot all be corrupt, as this happens time and time again, but only for these items. Is Veritas' position that these items cannot be backed up?

Ajit_Kulkarni
Level 6
Hello Nathan,

You can tell that particular user to convert the folder on which he is saving the messages using Blackberry to pst and then take backup of the mailbox.

Regards

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.