cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt Selection List - Creating a new one.

Shay_Withnall
Level 3
Hi,

After a number of errors on the backup, i browsed the knowledgebase and they recommend that i create a new selection list as the current one is corrupt hence the reason for the errors. I am fine creating the selection list, however our dataset is very large and it would take me hours to be able to find out what is backed up and what isn't. Is there a comparison check that i can run to assure myself that the new selection list is exactly the same as the old one?

Thanks in advance
9 REPLIES 9

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello,

may be the following Article will help you:
How to print the selection list of Backup Exec job definitions with Backup Exec 8.5 and later
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/238704.htm

Thanks
Regards

Shay_Withnall
Level 3
Hi,

Sorry for the delay, and thank you for the response. In regards to your email, i ran the command and it looked very structured. I dont know whether this can be incorporated into a new selection list, as it reaches 38 pages of script. All i want is a comparison between the old, corrupt list and what the new list should contain. Any ideas.

Thank you in advance.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

-- Can you still open the old selection list ..?

revert for any further Query

Thank you
Gauri

Shay_Withnall
Level 3
Thank you for your reply. I can open the old selection list.

Shay

Asma_Tamboli
Level 6
Hi!

Do you mean that the output of the selection list created over bemcmd is 38 pages long?

Thanks!

Shay_Withnall
Level 3
Yes

Swati_Joshi
Level 6
Accredited
Hi,

As you said that you can open the old selection list, you can always compare them.

If we have not understood the problem correctly , please elaborate more on that.

Regards,

Shay_Withnall
Level 3
Hi,

The biggest problem that i have got is that the directory tree is very large and branches to many sub folders. For me to replicate this, it would take me a very long time. I just wondered whether there were any other solutions that would shorten the process?

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

Why do you need to create a new selection list? Are there any specific errors indicating that the current selection list is corrupt? You can try a repair database option as per the technote below:

http://support.veritas.com/docs/265180

Alternatively, you can use the option to copy the existing selection list and save it to an alternate location. In order to do so, go the ojb setup tab, right click the selections list/s you want to replicate and copy them to the same server or to another server.

Hope this helps. Revert with details if the issue persists.