cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Corrupt data encountered while backing up with Backup Exec 2012

symUSER1730
Level 3

I have seen this error repeatedly on the forums, but no one explicitly states how to get rid of this problem on BE 2012.  This was never a problem for me with prior versions.  In 2012, I do not see how to specify the Advanced Open File Options (AOFO?), and I only see Microsoft VSS.  

After running for nearly a day on a full back up of 1TB of data, I get a failed job with the output being something similar to:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Directory "testdir" was not found, or could not be accessed.

None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.

V-79-57344-33967 - The directory or file was not found, or could not be accessed.

V-79-57344-65033 - Directory not found. Cannot backup directory "subdir" and its subdirectories.

Backup- "testdir":WARNING: "samplefile.Rdata" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.

Unable to open the item "samplefile".png - skipped.

...  csv ... skipped
...  txt ... skipped 

BackupV-79-57344-34108 - An unexpected error occurred when cleaning up snapshot volumes. Confirm that all snapped volumes are correctly resynchronized with the original volumes.

Verify- namespace\K: WARNING: "test.Rdata" is a corrupt file. This file cannot verify.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thank you for your help

4 REPLIES 4

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

In the backup job in the Advanced Open File section you have to enable the option "Use Snapshot technology". Its recommended that you keep this to Automatically select snapshot technology.

Thanks,

-Sush...

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Directory "testdir" was not found, or could not be accessed.

You should go to the job selection list and check the selection details to see whether this directory is listed.  If it is, delete it.

To find Advanced Open File, click on the Edit button on the left sub-pane of the first screenshot above.

symUSER1730
Level 3

Thank you for your feedback.  However, the problem is testdir exists and I want it to be backed up!  Once the job fails with a "corrupt" file, the rest of the job fails.  The file that is corrupt is not in fact corrupt either!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

Did you turn on AOF?  If you have and it is set to automatically choose the technology, change it to use VSS.