cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Couldn't attach to drive that doesn't exist...

Rob_Hulleman
Level 3
Hi, I have a very strange problem, I am getting an error message when i automaticly backup up a remote computer. When i backup this system manually i am getting no error messages. The error message says: Unable to attach to \\*******\D:., The strangest thing is that this system has no D: drive only a C: and a E:. Thanx in advance Rob...
6 REPLIES 6

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello,

It seems the error occur on a scheduled job only. Ensure that you are using an account with admin rights to backup the remote server.

Recreate the job and then test the results. Revert if the issue persists.

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Regards.

Rob_Hulleman
Level 3
Thanx for the Reply, I've tried that already.

The workstation i try to back-up is part of a Windows 2003 domain so are 3 others which i can successfully back-up, It's a brand new HP computer with Xp sp2.

tejashree_Bhate
Level 6
Hello,

Please check if the following technote is useful

(title)"Unable to attach to one of the drives" (a000848c HEX or e000848c HEX) is reported when a job fails

http://support.veritas.com/docs/266177

Note:- if we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be assumed answered and archived.

Rob_Hulleman
Level 3
Yes,

of course i checked all the technotes,

The problem is that he wants to backup a drive that doesn't exist and i certainly didn't select it in my back-up job.... I have only selected the C: drive...

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Edit the selection list and choose "Text Mode" Verify that the offending drive does not exist, if it does, remove it and save the list

That should do it.

Rob_Hulleman
Level 3
Thanx...

I think that did the trick, there was indeed in text mode a link to the non existing drive, i removed it and will check it first thing in the morning...