cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Creating bootable IDR image for SBS 2008 with BEWS 12

CaffeinatedTech
Not applicable

I have a client running Windows SBS 2008 along with Backup Exec 12 for Windows Server rev. 1364

I am attempting to create a bootable IDR image, but keep hitting the following error during the "Staging operating system files" stage.

Cannot mount the image file: E:\\SOURCES\INSTALL.WIM

I have installed the hotfix 312831 which claims to correct the issue with the Server 2008 without Hyper-V disc, but this is SBS 2008.

I have made sure that Windows Imaging is installed on the server.

I am using the correct disc, I have tried copyign the contents of the disc to a location on the local disc but got the same error.  The file "install.wim" does exist, but is about 3.5GB in size, this shouldn't be an issue right?

I need assistance in resolving this issue to create a bootable IDR disc, or at the least some instructions on how to use the non-bootable IDR disc (which I can create) to perform a recovery.  We need a way to get the machine back in working order as quickly as possible in the event of disaster, installing SBS 2008 from scratch is terribly time consuming.

1 REPLY 1

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

refer the following document http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH65966. The hotfix which you have installed should have taken care of the issue . Try reinstalling the hotfix again .