cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Custom report - Job name, date and size

Nicki_Damgaard
Level 2

Hi,

I was looking for a report that could give me a 1 day overview on was been copied to a tape.

The report "Backup Sets By Media Set" under Media could give that overview, but i goes back for days, and i just need the most recently.

I cant seem to create any custom reports that gives me that overview.

Can anybody help me with that?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi,

BE's standard reports are a bit poor...creating a customised report within BE isn't much better.

If you know SQL you could look at cracking open the BEDB and pull the required information from there. However, Symantec will tell you this isn't recommended and they won't publish the database tables either.

On this basis I looked at a third party application which really sorted reporting out for me. If you want it I will PM you.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

CraigV

Hi,

BE's standard reports are a bit poor...creating a customised report within BE isn't much better.

If you know SQL you could look at cracking open the BEDB and pull the required information from there. However, Symantec will tell you this isn't recommended and they won't publish the database tables either.

On this basis I looked at a third party application which really sorted reporting out for me. If you want it I will PM you.

Thanks!

Nicki_Damgaard
Level 2

That would be very helpful, tanks.

CraigV

...dropped you a PM.

Thanks!

EvgeniyL
Level 5

for me too

CraigV