cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

D2T Duplicate Failing, Source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.

brianpocock
Level 2
Accredited

Hi,

I'm having some trouble with a D2T duplicate of an Exchange 2007 full backup (with GRT).  The duplicate operation ran correctly as did verify.  After this is failed with the following error:

Final error: 0xe0009444 - The requested source duplicate backup sets catalog record could not be found.  Perhaps the media containing the source backup sets was previously deleted.

Unable to determine ADAMM media identification.  Catalog query failed

Which would indicate to me that previous media has been deleted (which it has) and the selection list of the job was still trying to duplicate it.  I checked the selection list and there was an old catalog in there which I have now deleted. 

My problem now is when I re-run the job I receive the following error:

V-79-57344-33029 - Unable to acquire device for the specified pool and media
Invalid Physical Volume Library Media Identifier.

I have looked at this page: http://www.symantec.com/business/support/index?page=content&id=TECH56677&actp=search&viewlocale=en_US&searchid=1294403285102

Which sounds like my problem but it is not an incremental backup set, its a full.

Does anyone have any ideas whats going on?

Many Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

There could be a number of causes for your problem

One is the way duplicates in polices work is that if you run a backup and the next duplicate doesn't run sucessfully and then the next backup runs - the next duplicate will attempt to duplicate both backups, not just the last one - if the second backup that ran overwrite the first then obviously you won't be able to duplicate both sets and that (or similar scenarios) can then cause your initial problem.

I am not 100% sure of a scenario that can cause your current problem however I think the best fix is either to remove all catalogs from the duplicate job or delete all jobs created by the policy and then recreate them (and then run a new full) - If you need to duplicate the data you already have backed up on disk then  do a one off manual duplicate job to duplicate existing sets from the options available in the Job Setup section of the Backup Exec console.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

There could be a number of causes for your problem

One is the way duplicates in polices work is that if you run a backup and the next duplicate doesn't run sucessfully and then the next backup runs - the next duplicate will attempt to duplicate both backups, not just the last one - if the second backup that ran overwrite the first then obviously you won't be able to duplicate both sets and that (or similar scenarios) can then cause your initial problem.

I am not 100% sure of a scenario that can cause your current problem however I think the best fix is either to remove all catalogs from the duplicate job or delete all jobs created by the policy and then recreate them (and then run a new full) - If you need to duplicate the data you already have backed up on disk then  do a one off manual duplicate job to duplicate existing sets from the options available in the Job Setup section of the Backup Exec console.

brianpocock
Level 2
Accredited

The Manual duplicate worked correctly so it does sound like it's a problem with the with the job created by the policy.  I'll try removing all the associated jobs, recreate them and see what happens when the shedule comes around.

Thanks!