cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DAG - Restore greyed out in BE2014

DASFTP
Level 4

Hello,

I'm trying to do a restore of Exchange DAG group and the "restore" option is greyed out. Not sure why this would be as I have succssful backups of this server and groups. We backup individual Information Store groups in seperate jobs on the ExmailDAG server. I would like to restore one of the Information store groups but the restore option is greyed out. My 130 other server restore option shows correctly except for the DAG Server. Any ideas?

If one of the information store groups jobs fail, does that make all the DAG groups unrestorable? We have about 25 DAG information store groups and only one did not succeed last night. Would having one store group fail in BE2014 make none of them restorable, even though they are in different jobs? Do I need to wait until all store groups run susscessful in order to do a restore?  That doesn't seem logical.

Thanks for any help,

DASFTP

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Colin_Weaver
Employee Accredited Certified

Also if the DAG object in the storage group shows an FQDN for the DAG and your Backup and restore list shows just a hostname for the DAG or vice versa then it is possible the catalogs are referenced to the other name of the DAG.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

DASFTP
Level 4

Update Informaion.

The ExmailDAG server restore is still greyed out in both the (Backup and Restore) tab and the (Job Monitor) tab.  I was able to to look in the (Storage) tab and see the item not grayed out and able to click "restore" on some of the B2D files on the DAG store groups. Is there a reason I would not be able to see this option on the other Backup and Restore or Job Monitor tabs? 

Once I have my tapes called back from the vendor tomorrow, I'm hoping the tapes I will also be able to see the "restore" in the Storage tab as the information I need to restore is on tape.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

DASFTP

VJware
Level 6

Try cataloging the backup sets and check if the "Restore" button appears for selection or not.

Colin_Weaver

Also if the DAG object in the storage group shows an FQDN for the DAG and your Backup and restore list shows just a hostname for the DAG or vice versa then it is possible the catalogs are referenced to the other name of the DAG.

DASFTP
Level 4

Thanks Colin,

It does show under a different HOST name. Odd though as the other HOST name shows no backups under it but the "restore" is available and has all the information I need.  Thanks!

DASFTP