cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent - Backup EXec Windows Server

Ramana_Reddy
Level 2
I have set up Backup EXec windows server on Win2003 server and i have installed the DLO agent on the Clients.

DLO Agent is displaying status has *You are working offline.

and it is backup the files. Can i know what i did wrong
1 REPLY 1

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

When the DLO Agent is offline, it basically means the DLO Server cannot be contacted by the Agent. The files will backed up to the local storage location and then be transferred to the server when it is available to the Agent again.

Whenever the desktop or the laptop is connected to the network, the agent will appear as Online and will appear Offline when it is disconnected from the Network. Sometimes, the status may appear as "You are working offline" even if you're connected to the network in such case Refresh the Agent by selecting 'refresh'.
If backup fails for some reason, in the next scheduled backup job the data will be backed up.
When you perform backup using DLO, the first time all the data will be backed up. The next time only the changed files will be backed up. You can verify this by going to the 'Restore' Tab and checking the restore selections.
We hope this answers your query.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.