cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent Install Problem? Try this

Bruce_Musgrove
Level 3
I recently updated 10.0.5484 to SP3 and then tried to install the DLO Agent by running "\\\dlo\setup.exe. All I got was brief flicker and then nothing. After perusing several similar threads, I found this...

Check the C:\WINDOWS\bkupinst.log file. Look for the last entry and see if you have a entry like

"01-19-2006,11:19:29 : ERROR: 2 - Failed to open MSI package \\\dlo\VERITAS Backup Exec For Windows Servers.msi"

Check your \\\dlo directory and see if the MSI file in it has the same name as the above log entry. If it does not, something got hosed in your last install or upgrade. For my SP3 update It looks like the installer made the necessary registry entry changes but failed to update the DLO directory files.

To fix, backup and then delete the files in the DLO directory. Then, either repair, reinstall, or update to the latest version of backup exec (10.1d?) The DLO files should get reinstalled.
4 REPLIES 4

Deepali_Badave
Level 6
Employee
Hello,

This can happen if the one or two files are missing from DLO folder or has gone corrupt.

Do you have a full backup of Media server?

Please upgrade to BE v10.1.

Please refer the following technotes:

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/279332.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Herv__Giauque
Level 3
Hi Bruce,

I'm having exactly the same problem... And I just updated my BE to 10.d... nothing change...

I was able to install the DLO Agent on my computer with a manipulation but now when I try to run the agent, I got this message :

"Failed to load configuration settings.
The database server name is not specified in registry. ()"

I've tried to launch a new topic here but no answer from Veritas... I think they absolutely don't know what to do with this issue...

Do you think totally uninstalling and reinstallating BE on the server can help ?

Thanks in advance

Herv?Message was edited by:
Herv� Giauque

Bruce_Musgrove
Level 3
I removed all of the files from my DLO agent install folder and did a repair from ADD REMOVE PROGRAMS. That fixed it for me.

Herv__Giauque
Level 3
Nice, it work for me... No error anymore

Thanks for your help Bruce