cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Agent

Justin_K
Level 3
Does anyone else use this BE Agent?  I would like to chat if you do.
1 REPLY 1

Alex_Williams
Not applicable
Hi Justin. We're just beginning an 11d DLO client (i.e. version 3.1) rollout to 100 users, upgrading from version 10. So far it's not going so well - we upgraded the server to 11d first and the upgrade process reset the DLO configuration (profiles etc.). We re-created the profiles and other configuration on the server, but then only 10 or so of the existing v10 DLO agents automatically re-registered and began uploading data. We cannot identify any unique criteria for why these particular clients registered whereas others didn't, but we did find that if we upgrade a client to the latest version then it begins uploading okay... except that it begins a complete new dataset upload, so there is quite an impact to the user if they have a lot of data.

For now we're testing the new client with just 4 users. First impression is that it takes more resource than the previous client, but then it is having to do a complete new data set I suppose. I'll keep you posted on how we get on.

Incidentally, the version 10 server agents appeared to continue backing up after the 11d upgrade, but we noticed the total amount of data from our servers dropped significantly. We were uncomfortable with this so we upgraded the server agents. This has been a change management nightmare because you need to uninstall the old agent, re-boot, instal lthe new agent and re-boot again.

/Alex