cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO Issues

hakki_ozbasli
Level 2
I am having a some issues with Desktop and Laptop Option in BackupExec 10.0 build 5520.

1. The scheduled DLO backups wont run if the user is logged out. There is no dialog box prompt when the user logs off.

2. Data on a computer is backed up whenever any user logs on to that computer. This is a problem with computers being used by multipIe users. I want to specify 1 user per computer. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2

Renuka_-
Level 6
Employee
Hello,
To change the schedule options, do the following:
1. From VERITAS Backup Exec Desktop Agent console, click Settings
2. From the resulting screen, select Use Customer Schedule
3. Select any of the following options:
Whenever a file changes :
Select this option to back up files automatically whenever the file changes.
According to a schedule:
Specify a schedule on which the files will get backed up.

Currently you seem to have selected manually;
Manually:
Select this option to start the backup jobs when loggin on or logging off.

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answeredand would be moved toanswered questions pool.

Oliver_Portinga
Level 3
Hi!

I've just picked this up on behalf of my collegue Hakki. That you have suggested is that which we were using on build 5484 for many months now. The schedules are set, the backups tape place. With this new version there is no dialogue box when ones logs out of Windows to enter the username, password etc. This means no authentication to the backup server and no backups take place. It's the agent on the workstation which seems to be missing the functionality, not the settings on the server. Can you advice further?

Marky