cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO agent disabled

cindyh
Level 2
I just installed Backup Exec a couple of days ago on a new server.
Users have used the remote agent to install the Desktop and Laptop agent.
It ran fine for the first day or two, but now many of the users' desktop agents have been disabled.

When I open the desktop agent, I get this message:
"There is a problem with the configuration on this computer.  The Desktop Agent will remain disabled until the problem has been corrected by your administrator [that would be me].  Your administrator has been notified [not]."

I tried unistalling and reinstalling the desktop agent on the desktop, rebooting the desktop and restarting DLO services on the server.  I also disabled the Windows firewall service on the desktop.

The backup is going to a USB hard drive connected to the server.  I did disconnect the USB drive the other day for a minute, but then reconnected it and the server can browse to the "backups" folder just fine.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why this is being disabled and how to remedy the problem?

thanks!
2 REPLIES 2

cindyh
Level 2
Also, when I first start desktop agent on my desktop, I get this error:

Information V-139-32772-3604
Failed to load configuration settings.
For additional information regarding this error, click here.

When I "click here," I get a website that says "no document matched your search."

cindyh
Level 2
FYI, in case anyone else has this problem, it turned out to be a permissions problem.  The users didn't have permission to write to the destination DLO backup folder.