cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO and PST

Yair_Glikman
Level 4

I have been testing the DLO for long time and its quite a pain tbh.

I am trying to set incremental backup of PST, in the Agent i can see it get into to it and backup it to network folder, but why i can save only 1 revision ?

1. If its incremental, how do i  recover past version of the pst files then ?

2. I have tried to use Compression, but on the server side, the size of the pst file is not smaller.

3. does Delta file mode works with PST ?

2 REPLIES 2

Lou_Price
Level 2

Yair - I made a posting about an hour and a half ago --> "DLO and incremental Outlook PST file backups".  Let's see who gets a response first.  We both have similar questions.

I can help with a couple of your's though.  When doing an incremental backup of PST files using DLO, Symantec resrticts you to 1 and only 1 version.  I'm trying to figure out how they maintain only 1 version.  It's how they wrote the software.  If you don't do incremental backups you can get revisions that way.

It's one way or the other.  Haven't tried compression or Delat file mode so I can't help you there.

BackupSpy
Level 2

Not sure how DLO works..., but EdgeSafe for enterprise (http://www.datamills.com) has a backup mode where it will create a single PST file, and will update it on a daily basis with the incremental changes.

That way you can recover the latest "image" of the PST file, without having to invest hours in reconstructing it from multiple incremental files.

As for recovering historically backed up items, which could have been deleted from the source PST file, EdgeSafe creates "History Folders" within the backup PST file, and will move items that were deleted to those history folders. That way historically backed up items that were deleted can be recovered with ease, and without having to inflate the storage with multiple full backups.

Maybe this can help...