cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO, backing up .pst files

Al_Campos
Level 3
Within Back Up Exec, DLO setup, Profile (right click properties) Backup Selection Tab, Add, Type a folder name:

Is it possible to back up the .pst files on the Desktop/Laptop by using the %username% instead of directing the DLO agent to user the users name within the profile?

Ex: c:\documents and settings\METHEUSER\local settings\application data\Microsoft\outlook\outlook.pst

or can I use:

c:\documents and settings\%username%\local settings\application data\Microsoft\outlook\outlook.pstMessage was edited by:
Al Campos
1 REPLY 1

tyrone_owen
Level 2
Yes, you can use %username%.

I have found though that if the username is different from the name of the user's profile folder within documents and settings (i.e. username suffixed with a domain name), the DLO agent will not pick it up.

For example, if the username is 'harry' and the profile folder is called 'harry.domainname', the DLO agent is just looking for 'harry' and it gets confused.

If this issue does feature in your environment use the %userprofile% variant. Type 'set' at a command prompt for an explanation. This way it looks in the correct profile folder.

By the way I've posted a message myslef re the DLO agent and I'm not having much luck backing up open PST files.

Cheers

Message was edited by:
tyrone owenMessage was edited by:
tyrone owen