cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO client reports unable to create directory

Anders_Torvesti
Level 3
Hi,

I have installed the DLO software v11d on 42 clients with no problems. But with the two of them it will not work.

The installation process works correct, but when the client software start it will not connect to the server, cannot load the configuration file or have wrong access rights. The error message keep changes.

On the server, the log reports:

Unable to configure the Desktop Agent on computer 'cfs2' for user 'PRIME\CFS'. Error: failed to create directory \\TULLHUSET\dloklientbackup\PRIME-CFS: 0x8007007b

and

The Desktop Agent was unable to create the recovery key file \\TULLHUSET\dloklientbackup\PRIME-CFS\.dlo\.recovery2.  7fffffff.  The Desktop Agent will automatically retry.

I have tried to create a share of the folder "dloklientbackup" and even manually creat the folder "PRIME-cfs" with full rights for the CFS user.

I have also tried to uninstall the DLO client software, delete everything with "symantec" in it, and install it again... same problem.

There are no difference between the CFS account and our other accounts in the Active Directory., same rights, same membership.

I have updated the Backup Exec via Live Update with the latest everything (and manually fixed the setup.ini problem).

When the user used DLO v10d everything worked correct.

Please...

Regards Anders

3 REPLIES 3

Jean_Bourget
Level 3
Hi,

I am having the same problem.

Has anyone figured this out?

The Desktop Agent was unable to create the recovery key file \\xxx-file-srv\xx_data\users\dlo\<username>\.dlo\.recovery2. 7fffffff. The Desktop Agent will automatically retry.

I substituted <username> and some x's for security reasons.

JP

Jean_Bourget
Level 3
I meant to mention I also have other users already working fine with this.

JP

Jean_Bourget
Level 3
Is this the only answer? I just don't want to tie up my users laptop for more time than neccessary.
http://support.veritas.com/docs/276587

JP