cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO-data to tape?!

Peter_Stenstr_m
Level 4
Partner

Hello! I have a customer running DLO for about 600 users on 20TB SAN. This works flawless.

But due to some -hard- policy changes regarding a corporate fusion, they got a demand to also save all-DLO data on tape.

The "deleted file retention" is set to mere three years as for now, but they dont wanna come in a situtation to loose everything if a total system/disk crash will occur.

So, how should i configure backupexec to long term-save all DLO data from disk to tape?

Regards

/Peter

3 REPLIES 3

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

That's a lot of data to tape...you can configure the retention period for 3 years on the media set, or simply move the protection tab across on the tape itself to hard-code protection and disallow overwrites.

Thanks!

RahulG
Level 6
Employee

Well you can install the remote agent and backup the data to tape ...

As I understand the  situation here is that the ,the deleted data has also got flushed from the NUDF after the fulfillment of the "Deleted file Retention" days, and you want to know how to restore user specific data from the backup of the NUDF taken on tapes.
here are the 2 workarounds ...
1> Restore the user specific data to an alternate location and then run the Emergency restore command of DLO.
For Example:
E:\Program Files\Symantec\NetBackup DLO>DLOCommandu –EmergencyRestore <usersharepath> -W <recovery password> -AP <destination path>
-The recovery password is needed to run the above command.
2> Stop DLO services
-Rename the existing folder withing the NUDF (specific to an user)
-Restore from tapes to the NUDF location (Same foldername / path)
-Restart DLO services and perform a restore using the DLO console.
-After the restore is done, revert back to the user's folder that was renamed earlier.
-

Peter_Stenstr_m
Level 4
Partner

Cheers mate! I will try that and get back to you!!

/P