cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO is not working properly with PST file!!!!!!

wang_wei
Level 2
Veritas exec 9.1(4691), DLO with SP1 hotfix1, 21, 31.
Windows 2003 server, also tried on Windows 2000 server.
about 30 clients using DLO to backup personal files, including pst files.
most of users get this error message all the time.
"couldn't copy user data d:\outlook\outlook1.pst\0000000094705F312934294AB37135210EFD5F0B84DF2000 to network folder. 8004010f "

Please help! I've almost been drove mad!
5 REPLIES 5

A_van_der_Boom
Level 6
Seems to me the pst file is in use and cannot be backupped. Don't know if DLO is able to backup files that are in use though. If desktop users get this message I would advice them to place the pst on the network or enlarge their mailbox so they can store their information in there.

Regards
A van der Boom

Shilpa_pawar_2
Level 6
Hi,

Does this issue occur only on particular psts which are very large.

Which version outlook are you using?

Additionally refer this technote: http://support.veritas.com/docs/263536

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked "assumed answered" and would be moved to "answered questions" pool.

wang_wei
Level 2
It happens on almost all the users, no matter big or small pst files. We are using Office 2003.
I tried edition 10.0, working smoothly! But why not 9.1! People told to use 10.0 agent connect to 9.1 server, I also tried, not working!!!

Joshua_Small
Level 6
Partner
PSTs are often flooded with viruses.

Is it possible a scanner is preventing these files being moved? Try disabling your scanners. *.PST is usually disabled by default, but once Veritas reads it from the workstation, I don't beleive it's saved as a .pst file, but either directly onto a tape or into a .bkf file.

Amruta_Bhide
Level 6
Hello Adam,

We apologise for the late reply. Could you please Update us on the latest State of the issue?

Note : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked �assumed answered� and would be moved to �answered questions� pool.

Thanks.