cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DLO push installs timing out and manual installs failing

UACITSS
Level 2
We're having some difficulty getting DLO to install on some of our domain laptops. There are no error messages being displayed, but the push installations appear to be timing out. We have attempted to perform manual installations of the DLO client and have received the following error message:

V-139-52224-990
The database server name is not specified in registry. Failed to load configuration settings.

We have read the support documentation included with the error message that refers to a Backup Exec 10 issue with an .ini file getting overwritten after a hotfix installation. We reviewed the contents of the setup.ini file and it appears to be consistent with the example given in the support documentation. Is this something that must be fixed in the registry on the client side or is there some type of fix for this issue that has been released by Symantec? Any assistance that you can provide is appreciated.

University Animal Care ITSS
The University of Arizona
3 REPLIES 3

BMCcapital
Not applicable
Have you found a solution?  We too are experiencing this problem.

PRO
Level 2
Hey,

By following the instructions in http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/286209.htm i was able to solve that problem.

regards,
Patrick

UACITSS
Level 2
I still haven't been able to push an install, but performing the install from the client machine works once the .ini file has been edited as described in the help documentation posted above. Right now I'm just testing, but if I decide that I want to use DLO on a wider scale then I'll have to revisit the push install issue.