cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Daylight Savings problems yet again...

MitchR
Level 6

First off, what the heck happened to the forums?  There used to be lots of nice, helpfull catagories for all of the different facets of the huge beast that is BackupExec.  Now everything's lumped together into one big, ugly mix - and all of that history of knowledge is gone!  (Or am I missing something obvious?)

DST strikes again.  And yet again, all of my backup jobs that were running or queued at 1:59am instantly died with a status of "missed".  In my case I came in this morning to a red list of 29 missed jobs.  Most of the time I'll see maybe 1 per week.

Now, this is not the first time I've seen this.  It's not related to the new DST rules in the USA- this problem is much older than that.  I am patched with the latest, running on v11d.  Every time this comes up, Symantec says this problem has been fixed, try this hot fix, etc -  and every time DST rolls around I see a screen full of red.

Any hope of getting this issue addressed for real?

See also:

http://www.backupexecfaq.com/articles/problems/daylight-savings-time-dst-changes-and-backup-exec.htm...

5 REPLIES 5

Lively
Level 5

I was watching out for threads like this today.  Running 12.5 fully patched, everything showed up once DST went into effect. 

I stop/restarted the services and reboot the servers just to make sure everything would kick off Sunday night.  Everything ran fine Sunday night.

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Mitchell

The old subdivisions are there, but  they are not as well highlighted as they used to be

I seriously doubt that v11 and prior will ever be fixed properly. 

tech support "this is fixed in our latest version - v12.5  Please upgrade" ;^)

MitchR
Level 6

Ah ha! So it's not just me...

http://seer.entsupport.symantec.com/docs/305909.htm

Gary_Karasik
Level 5

I was watching out for threads like this today.  Running 12.5 fully patched, everything showed up once DST went into effect. 

I stop/restarted the services and reboot the servers just to make sure everything would kick off Sunday night.  Everything ran fine Sunday night.

All my jobs (BEWS12.5 fully patched) on all my servers failed/missed. I'll try restarting services.

This is way beyond incompetent. This problem has existed for years.

pscook77
Level 1

I have 12.5 patched and my DST problem did not start until I upgraded to 12.5.  I never had this issue with 10D or 11D.  At the last time change I restarted the services and all the jobs started working again.  My job last night failed so I guess I will try that again and see if it will work but it seems a patch would be a good idea for this issue. 

All my jobs (BEWS12.5 fully patched) on all my servers failed/missed. I'll try restarting services.

This is way beyond incompetent. This problem has existed for years.