cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deduplication storage is corrupted warning

0zzY
Level 4

Hi all, i'm using backup exec 2012, and i have this triouble for one job (the taget is a tape library):

Warning file \\server\Shadow?Copy?Components\User?Data\Backup Exec Deduplication Storage\Storage is corrupted.

This accours after i have added an iSCSI disc for other dedup. jobs (they work fine)

How can i fix this?

Thanks all

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The dedup folder emulates a tape library, so the error messages might be a bit confusing.  You should run chkdsk on your iSCSI device.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Hi there,

Check the forum query below, specifically the solution offered. This was for a previous version of BE, but it might still be related.

https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-deduplication-storage-folder-fails-error-0xe000fedf#comment-5342531

Thanks!

0zzY
Level 4

In the event viewer of bexec server i have this notice:

The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable. Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume BackupNAS.

But the job that fails is pointed to tape library and the dedup job works without problems.

Have i to run the chkdisk on the iscsi partition?

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited

Run that and see what it gives you. You might also want to get hold of b2dtest.exe from Symantec's site and run it against the B2D to make sure it is supported, or if there are any additional issues.

Thanks!

pkh
   VIP    Certified

The dedup folder emulates a tape library, so the error messages might be a bit confusing.  You should run chkdsk on your iSCSI device.