cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dell PV122T - Backup Exec hangs, cleaning jobs fail

Damian_Gunner
Level 3
My server has a Dell PV122T attached that I have been using with BE9.1 for a couple of years without issue.

I upgraded to BE12 and now my cleaning jobs crash the tape drive (I have to reboot the tape drive unit). In BE the jobs always get to 91% before they crash.

I'm stuck because I need to clean the drive as my backups are failing but I can't because BE keeps crashing when it starts a cleaning job!

I've checked the drivers - they are all the Symantec ones and also have done a LiveUpdate.

Any ideas?

3 REPLIES 3

Greg_Meister
Level 6
We would really need to do a SCSI trace to determine why the cleaning jobs are failing within our application. I'd suggest opening a support case for this if you wish to go that route. In the interim, does your library allow you to manually run a cleaning job? This can usually be done either on the library console itself, or through a web interface.

jtatum
Level 4
Employee Certified
We would also like to take a look at this in house.  Damian, can you please reply and indicate what type of drive is installed in your PV-122T?

Damian_Gunner
Level 3
It seems to be ok now after discovering that one of the caddies on the carousel had come loose - not sure why it was still getting to 91% but it seems to be ok now.