cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Device Manager sees SCSI LTO drive and Autoloader Library...Backup Exec only sees Library

ooshnoo
Level 3
Hello,

We just installed a second HP LTO tape library on our server running 2003R2 with SP2.  Device Manager sees both SCSI cards, LTO drives and autoloader libraries.  BE 11d  sees both the drive and library slots for the original tape autoloader, but only sees the slots on the new autoloader.

Both autoloaders are the same make/model.  They are each on their own SCSI bus and not daisy chained.  They are both terminated.

Anyone with any ideas?

Thanks

AV
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

CraigV
Partner    VIP    Accredited
Run the Device COnfiguration Wizard in Backup Exec, and select the options to install the Symantec drivers, and delete hardware that is no longer present.
After this, restart the BE services and it should detect the new drive. You can delete the disabled drive once done.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

CraigV
Run the Device COnfiguration Wizard in Backup Exec, and select the options to install the Symantec drivers, and delete hardware that is no longer present.
After this, restart the BE services and it should detect the new drive. You can delete the disabled drive once done.

ooshnoo
Level 3
Hi Craig,

Thanks for the tip.  I would like to mention that since the drives are the same make and model, wouldn't that mean that the drivers are already installed?  Also, we intend to use both drives, so we're not looking to disable either of them.  Does that make any difference?

Thanks
A

Ken_Putnam
Level 6

Have you installed an additional LEO (Library Expansion Option)?

Out of the box, Backup Exec supports one library/loader with one drive

Additional drives and/or additional loaders require one LEO each

Ben_L_
Level 6
Employee
Can you post the results of this technote?
http://support.veritas.com/docs/322814

ShedrackMgonja
Level 2

Veritas Backup Exec 9.0 Can not see New 1/8 G2 Tape Autoloader

I have replace a faulty Tape Drive with HP Storage Works 1/8 Autoloader on |SAS interface , It is running on Windows 2003 Server R2 . On Device Manager It shows Drivers for Autoloader and Tape Drive Installed. When I open  Veritas Backup Excec 9.0 I can not see the tape driver or Library listed.

On Removable Storage snap-in of Microsoft Management Console  It indicate  that the HP MSL G2 1/8 Autoloader (x32 based 2003 ) on the Drives it indicates Drive 0 with red cross (x)   and its properties shows the State that the Drive is not present in the Library.

But when I run the BE Device Configuration Wizard I do not get any new Drive Listed

I need help how  to Add and Use this new Drive on the server

Any Idea, please help
Shedrack

CraigV
Shedrack, please open a new forum query...please don't use another post to ask questions. the person with the correct solution won't get it by helping you here unfortunately.

CraigV
Well, yes it would. For some reason Backup Exec tends to run into errors if a drive is replaced (along the lines of an immediate job failure). I've made this my "best practice" of sorts to run this everytime we replace a drive.
Glad it helped.