cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Devices listing for Restore Data

User999
Level 4

Hi,

1) Where/How do i check which files are located in which tape? Can we browser by device?

2) Under Devices, I have right click one of the tape and select Restore Data, I dont see all the tape listed; only a few is shown. And if I check the same on other tape, i realize it is also showing a few different tape. Not the same tape shown... what is the reason behind such listing?

3) And some are group together (2 tape)? How do we read these info. Refer screenshot.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here are the answers to your queries:

1) Where/How do i check which files are located in which tape? Can we browser by device?

-->In the Restore tab you can use the option "View by Resource" and select the file for restore. Then at the bottom of the selection it will give the information about on which media the file is located on. 

You can also use the option "VIEW BY MEDIA" and then expand the tapes and see what all data has been backed up on that tape.

2) Under Devices, I have right click one of the tape and select Restore Data, I dont see all the tape listed; only a few is shown. And if I check the same on other tape, i realize it is also showing a few different tape. Not the same tape shown... what is the reason behind such listing?

--> In the restore job selections You have selected the date range "Beginning backup date" and "Ending backup date" due to which it will show only those tapes on which data has been backed up in these dates. Try to uncheck the date options and then it will show all the tapes.

3) And some are group together (2 tape)? How do we read these info. Refer screenshot.

-->Some tapes are shown together because the jobs has span on those two tapes. For example if a job spans for 4 tapes then all these 4 tapes will be shown in group in Restore selection in "View by resource" tab.

HOPE this information helps.

EDIt: Corrected the information which is highlighted. Rest all is correct.

Thanks,

-Sush...

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

The above paragraph should read:

-->In the Restore tab you can use the option "View by Resource" and select the file for restore. Then at the bottom of the selection it will give the information about on which media the file is located on. 

You can also use the option "View by Media" and then expand the tapes and see what all data has been backed up on that tape.

:)

Regards,

Sush---
Level 6
Employee Accredited Certified

Here are the answers to your queries:

You can also use the option "VIEW BY MEDIA" and then expand the tapes and see what all data has been backed up on that tape.

--> In the restore job selections You have selected the date range "Beginning backup date" and "Ending backup date" due to which it will show only those tapes on which data has been backed up in these dates. Try to uncheck the date options and then it will show all the tapes.

-->Some tapes are shown together because the jobs has span on those two tapes. For example if a job spans for 4 tapes then all these 4 tapes will be shown in group in Restore selection in "View by resource" tab.

HOPE this information helps.

EDIt: Corrected the information which is highlighted. Rest all is correct.

Thanks,

-Sush...

User999
Level 4

Thanks alot !!! Crystal clear.

:)