cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Freezes After Backup Exec 2012 SP1

JSE2015
Not applicable

I have a Windows 2008 R2 server that is a Domain Controller and File Server. Since installing Backup Exec 2012 SP1 the server will become sluggish and unresponsive and eventually freeze up. Sometimes the mouse may still move, but it is impossible to click on anything or even login with alt-ctrl-del.The file shares will not be available but it may or may not respond to a ping. It is not possible to login to the server once it is in the unresponsive state, even though the mouse may still move.

I have installed SP1a via live update and rebooted. It stayed up longer than it did before but still froze up overnight. Last night is froze, it would respond to ping, but was otherwise unavailable.

There were no server problems before installing SP1. My next action may be to shut down the backup exec services or to downgrade back to the previous version which was working pefectly.

Any ideas that might help? Thanks.

1 REPLY 1

Carlos_Quiroga
Level 5
Employee Accredited

If you are considering that option. I would recommend to do a program repair, from Add / Remove programs.

Also, check the Windows Event Viewer Application Log to see if there are any significant errors.

Regards,