cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disabling user accounts fails exchange backup

Level 2
When a user account that has been disabled in Active Directory Veritas returns the error "Directory not Found. Can not backup
>directory and its subdirectories."
>How i can prevent Backup Exec from failing a backup operation when encountering disabled Mailboxes?
6 REPLIES 6

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Hide the mailbox when you disable it

Level 2
by hiding the mailbox Backup Exec doesn't see it. therfore it won't be backed, correct?

Ken_Putnam
Level 6
Correct. At least that's the way I remember it. Haven't been involved with Exchange Backups for a while.

There are several TechNotes concerning this, but IIRC, all they do is tell you to recreate/update your select list to not include the disabled accounts - not really practical in a large dynamic organization

Bartolnikow
Not applicable
I have the same problem. As you told this would be complicate at large companies. Maybe some of you know the script which will include/exlude the disabled accounts automatically.

Every time, when mailbox are blocked, BE is giving me many of errors. Every time I have to check, if there are ONLY errors from Exchange. It is very irritating.

Gauri_Ketkar
Level 6
Hi,

In order to resolve issue,please refer to the solutions given below >

Solution 1: Manual method
To resolve this issue, delete the non existent mailboxes from the Backup Job Properties > Selections tab of the existing mailbox backup job

Solution 2: Automatic method
Create a new mailbox backup job using the following method:
1. Within Backup Exec application select the Backup Selections tab.
2. Select the entire Microsoft Exchange Mailboxes icon from the root.
NOTE: - Do not uncheck any mailbox from the mailbox tree, for system created mailbox exclusion refer to step 5.
3. Create the backup job by clicking the Backup button on the toolbar.
4.Go to Selections tab -> Select text view
5.Select Insert -> Browse Mailbox tree and select the mailbox, which you want to exclude. From right hand side click on exclude radio button. Repeat this for all the system created mailboxes (e.g. System Attendant).
8.Save the job -> Go to Job definitions tab -> Right-click the job and select Run now.

Once the mailbox backup jog is configured using the above steps, BackupExec will take care of addition as well as deletion of mailboxes without any manual intervention.

Thank you.

NOTE : If we do not receive your intimation within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to the ‘answered threads’ pool.

Madhuri_Shenoy
Level 6
As per our previous reply, marking the case as "assumed answered" and moving it to "answered questions" pool.