cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disk selection in device pool

jmcleancjc
Level 3
My storage pool containing 3x2TB disks shows as Disk A being full with 0 left. Which is fine, I expected that. However I also expected that rather then throw me countless erros ~ that BE would simply just 'carry on' using Disk B and then when that's full, Disk C and so on. As by the time Disk C would become full - data would be expired/recycled from Disk A / I think you get the idea.

How can I make BE behave in such way? I don't seem to be able to edit anything with the storage pool itself.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

pkh
   VIP    Certified
For BE 2012, the first available disk will always be selected and the selection does not jump to the next disk. You can force it to select another disk by making the disk, which is full, offline. For BE 2014, you can specify that BE select the disks based on least free space out most free space

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

pkh
   VIP    Certified
For BE 2012, the first available disk will always be selected and the selection does not jump to the next disk. You can force it to select another disk by making the disk, which is full, offline. For BE 2014, you can specify that BE select the disks based on least free space out most free space