cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does 5520 address the label media option being unavailable?

Jerry_Morris
Level 2
A few days ago or so, the 5520 patch specifically listed the Label Media option being unavailable on as being resolved. Now I see it is no longer listed for 5520 (and the format of the page has changed)..

The document ID for the issue I am having is 275394. It shows a link for "Related documents" as document ID 277181. But now when I go to the release notes for 5520, document ID 276379, it is not listed as a fix

The previous page I saw a few days ago said that 5484 SP1 had to be installed prior to 5520, but now there is no mention of that. Do I simply run the installation from the CD download? Can I just push install the remote agent to the remote servers w/o uninstalling the current version on there?

I have inventoried, cataloged, tried to erase the media in the slots (which are new tapes) to no avail..This was a new installation and we were able to label the tapes in the first two slots and now the remaining six slots (HP DLT320) say "" and the "Label media" option is unavailable.
5 REPLIES 5

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. Will revert to you regarding this issue.

Additional Information :
For information on the recent VERITAS Backup Exec security vulnerabilities, including links to the downloads for the necessary hotfixes, please refer to the following document:
Patch summary for Security Advisories VX05-001, VX05-002, VX05-003, VX05-005, VX05-006, VX05-007

http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/277429.htm

NOTE : If we do not receive your reply within two business days, this post would be marked assumed answered and would be moved to answered questions pool.

Jerry_Morris
Level 2
Thank you, looking forward to your response. I plan to do this over this weekend to take down the servers involved.

Here is the hotfix article about the media labeling issue:
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/275514.htm

Particularly from the above link:
ETrack: 311063 Unable to label blank media in a library

This is 5584 hotfix #24. This hotfix is not currently listed in the 5520 Release Notes for BEWS10.
http://seer.support.veritas.com/docs/276379.htm

So it appears I need to apply hotfix #24 before I apply the update BEWS10 5520 or does 5520 really include the 5484 hotfix #24?

I hope I can take just one swing at it an install the 5520 update and push it to the remote servers...but I will await your response.

priya_khire
Level 6
Hello Jerry,

Backup Exec version 10.0 release 5520 includes hotfix 24 which is only meant for rel 5484, so you can go ahead and directly pugrade to 5520 and then push install all the remote agents.

Hope that answere it. In case of any other doubts on this, do write back to t he forum. However if we do not receive your update within two business days, this post would be marked ‘assumed answered’ and would be moved to ‘answered questions’ pool.

Regards.

Jerry_Morris
Level 2
Thank you for the response. I will do the upgrade and have some antacids available to get me through the waiting period until I can bring them all back up.

You can mark this answered.

Amruta_Purandar
Level 6
Hello Jerry,

Thank you for the update.

Regards,